July 7, 2021
- Franklin Superior Court – Franklin Division Protocols Effective July 12,2021;
ln response to Standing Order 2-21, the Franklin Division has adopted the following
protocols. See Franklin Division Protocols.pdf.
April 21, 2021
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court – Supreme Judicial Court sixth updated order regarding court operations under the exigent circumstances created by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. See SJC 6th Updated Order.pdf.
- Hampden Superior Court – Clerk's Office Notice;
"The Hampden Superior Court Clerk’s Office will be open to attorneys as of May 3rd to file pleadings, view files, etc. Appointments are still necessary for those wishing to come inside the office for a more extensive and lengthy viewing, such as to review exhibits, etc. There may be no more than two people allowed in the vestibule at a time. Most importantly PLEASE DO NOT file the same pleading multiple ways. If an attorney files by mail, it should not then be sent to the drop box or emailed, etc. Filing the same pleading more than one way causes confusion and can result in the same pleading being docketed and that is a recipe for disaster. If anyone has questions please email Hampden County Clerk of Courts, Laura Gentile." Hampden County Bar Association News, April 2021.
March 1, 2021
- Hampden Superior Court – Order on Scheduling of Six Person Jury Trials;
The Hampden Superior Court has issued an order allowing six person jury trials to resume starting on March 1, 2021. See Order on Six Person Jury Trials.pdf
February 24, 2021
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court – New Order Regarding Jury Trials and Operation of Courts;
The Supreme Judicial Court issued an updated order regarding the operation of Massachusetts state courts and courthouses during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, effective Monday, March 1, 2021. See Updated Order re Court Operations 2-24-2021.pdf.
February 16, 2021
- Probate and Family Court – The Probate and Family Court has revised two appointment forms (Appointment of GAL in Category E and F (CJD 167) and Appointment of Guardian to Assert or Waive Privilege (CJD 168)), and created a new Notice form for the Report of the Guardian to Assert or Waive Privilege (CJD 171). For more information regarding the revisions and to see samples of these forms visit https://www.mass.gov/news/notice-revised-appointment-forms-and-new-notice-process.
The following forms appointing a conservator have been amended:
1. MPC Form 630, Order Appointing Temporary Conservator; and
2. MPC Form 730,Decree and Order of Appointment of a Conservator.
Where referenced, G. L. c. 190B, §§ 5-423(c) (1-7) & (14-24) has been changed to G. L. c. 190B, §§ 5-423(c) (1-7) & (14-29).
January 19, 2021
- District Court – Court operations for the application of summary process cases under the exigent circumstances created by COVID-19 effective January 19, 2021. See District Court 2nd Amended Order.pdf.
- Housing Court – Temporary modifications to court operations based on the COVID-19 pandemic and recent legislation affecting summary process cases effective January 19, 2021. See Housing Court Standing Order.pdf.
January 11, 2021
January 8, 2021
- Hampden County Sheriff’s Department – HCSD is now checking the drop-box in the HCBA lobby again. The box will be checked daily. The attachment outlines the process for attorneys to contact their clients at the Ludlow or Chicopee jail facilities. See Sheriff's Department Update 1-8-2021.pdf.
- Trial Court – Trial Court has posted 90 day plan for operations through April 5, 2021. See Trial Court 90 Day Plan 1-8-2021.pdf.
January 5, 2021